Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Refashionista!

So I'm thinking of signing up for this pledge at Wardrobe Refashion:

I, Holly, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new"
manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge
that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own
hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that
I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled,
crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that
others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings! Signed Holly.


Especially since I spent all last weekend sewing a couple of new things, and really want to make more of my own stuff anyhow.

My only worries are:

  1. I'm starting to do more freelance grantwriting work again so that may interfere with my sewing time
  2. I really want to buy some tshirts
  3. I'm already pretty bad about taking pics of my stuff to post and keeping up with blogging.

But, I'd rather sew than work part of the time anyhow, I could look at Goodwill for tshirts and then alter to fit, and I may be getting a camera phone from a friend who doesn't want hers anymore on thursday.

So what the heck. I think I'll do it.

No comments: